PSA/Video Minute Contest
The Citizen CPR Foundation and the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation have created a public service announcement (PSA) / “Video Minute” Contest as part of the Emergency Cardiovascular Care Update Conference (ECCU). The contest is to recognize the best videos aimed at increasing awareness of sudden cardiac arrest and/or recognition of a heart attack, the importance of citizen CPR, and automated external defibrillators (AEDs.)
Videos are reviewed, scored, and ranked. The five top-ranked submissions are played for ECCU attendees during plenary sessions. The winner of the top ranked video is awarded an AED to recognize their efforts and accomplishment.
- Videos must begin with a title and may be no longer than 90 seconds in length.
- File size must be less than 500 MB.
- The following formats are accepted: AVI, MPEG, WMV, MOV (Quicktime).
- Entrants set up a YouTube account and upload the video here.
- Emails are sent to email@example.com with the following information: Title of the video, name of the submitting organization, a name, phone number and email for the primary contact person, and a link to the video.
After the conference, the top videos are featured on the CCPRF and SCA FDN websites, Facebook pages and at www.youtube.com/youcansavealife.
Previous PSA/Video Minute Contest Winners:
First Place: How to Perform CPR the Michigan Way, submitted by Robert Neumar, MD and Teri Shields, RN, University of Michigan Health System and Save MI Heart
Second Place: One Person, One Decision, submitted by Bryan Platz, HeartSafe Coon Rapids, MN.
Other top-ranked entries that were played at the 2015 ECCU Plenary:
- Gary Brauchla’s Great Race, submitted by Kimberly Romo, Tucson Medical Center
- How to Save a Life in 90 Seconds, submitted by Lauryn Blakesley, University of Pennsylvania Medicine
- I Was History, submitted by Bryan Platz, HeartSafe Coon Rapids, MN
- Just Do CPR, submitted by Kim Harkins, Minnesota Resuscitation Consortium
- Learn CPR Now, submitted by Kim Harkins, Minnesota Resuscitation Consortium
First Place: Meet Tim…Don’t Wait for the Help, BE the Help, by HeartSafe Coon Rapids
Second Place: How to Use an AED, by Father-Son Productions
Third Place: Ronny Turiaf’s Story, by Simon’s Fund
Other top-ranked entries that were played at the 2014 ECCU Plenary: