William H. Montgomery Award
William H. Montgomery, MD, Excellence In Education Award
The William H. Montgomery, MD, Excellence in Education Award is named in honor of Dr. Montgomery, who served as co-founder and president of the Citizen CPR Foundation for more than 15 years and remains on the CCPRF Board as an emeritus member. The award is designed to promote the highest level of educational excellence at the Emergency Cardiovascular Care Update (ECCU) Conference.
This award is sponsored by the Laerdal Foundation for Acute Medicine and a plaque and $1,000 honorarium is awarded to the lead presenter at every ECCU conference, based on the following criteria:
1. Value of the content to the ECCU audience
2. Quality of teaching methodology
4. Presenters knowledge of the subject matter
5. Degree to which the objectives of the presentation were achieved
6. Overall quality of presentation.
Previous William H. Montgomery, MD, Excellence In Education Award Recipients:
- 1st – Caring for the Caregiver: The Missing Link
Tom Greenhalgh, Jr., LICSW, NRP – Executive Director, NPSS
- 2nd – Does Your In-Hospital Mock Code Training Make a Difference?
Mark Sawdon, MICP, NRP – Paramedic / AHA Instructor, King County Medic One EMS & Kelly Boardley, BSN, RN, CEN
- 3rd – Stop the Bleed: Battlefield Lessons to a National Campaign
Craig Goolsby, MD, MEd – Associate Professor & Vice-Chair, Education, Department of Military & Emergency Medicine, Uniformed Services University
- Tom Greenhalgh, Jr., LICSW, NRP
- Nicole Kupchik, MN, RN, CCNS, CCRN, PCCN, CMC, 2017
- Benjamin Abella, MD, MPhil, 2015
- Ted Crites and Steve Barnett, 2014
- Mark Liao, NREMT, 2012
- Keith Lurie, MD; Charles Lick, MD; Robert Niskanen, 2010