William H. Montgomery Award
William H. Montgomery, MD, Excellence In Education Award
The William H. Montgomery, MD, Excellence in Education Award is named in honor of Dr. Montgomery, who served as co-founder and president of the Citizen CPR Foundation for more than 15 years and remains on the CCPRF Board as an emeritus member. The award is designed to promote the highest level of educational excellence at the Cardiac Arrest Survival Summit.
This award is sponsored by the Laerdal Foundation for Acute Medicine and a plaque and $1,000 honorarium is awarded to the lead presenter at every Cardiac Arrest Survival Summit, based on the following criteria:
1. Value of the content to the CASS audience
2. Quality of teaching methodology
4. Presenters knowledge of the subject matter
5. Degree to which the objectives of the presentation were achieved
6. Overall quality of presentation.
William H. Montgomery, MD, Excellence In Education Award Recipients:
- 1st – Optimizing AED Placement and 24/7 Access to AEDs in HEARTSafe Communities.
Christopher Sun, PhD and Mark Link, MD
- 2nd – The Future is Here! How Drones Can Improve Outcomes in Rural and Private Locales
Paul Snobelen and Sheldon Cheskes, MD
- 3rd – Caught on Camera: Teamwork Saves the Chief of Police
- 1st – Caring for the Caregiver: The Missing Link
Tom Greenhalgh, Jr., LICSW, NRP – Executive Director, NPSS
- 2nd – Does Your In-Hospital Mock Code Training Make a Difference?
Mark Sawdon, MICP, NRP – Paramedic / AHA Instructor, King County Medic One EMS & Kelly Boardley, BSN, RN, CEN
- 3rd – Stop the Bleed: Battlefield Lessons to a National Campaign
Craig Goolsby, MD, MEd – Associate Professor & Vice-Chair, Education, Department of Military & Emergency Medicine, Uniformed Services University
- Tom Greenhalgh, Jr., LICSW, NRP
- Nicole Kupchik, MN, RN, CCNS, CCRN, PCCN, CMC, 2017
- Benjamin Abella, MD, MPhil, 2015
- Ted Crites and Steve Barnett, 2014
- Mark Liao, NREMT, 2012
- Keith Lurie, MD; Charles Lick, MD; Robert Niskanen, 2010